Over the years, DAHL has assisted a large number of operators in the sports and entertainment industry, including football clubs, football and handball agents, football players, song writers, managers, music publishers, stand-up comedians and other media-related persons.
We are well versed in the special legal and commercial aspects which apply to this industry, and which are often closely related to the exploitation of rights, including image rights. Our assistance includes:
- Sponsorship contracts and other agreements on the exploitation of commercial rights
- Purchase and sale of football players and conclusion of player contracts
- The law applicable to agents
- Development of formats
- Publisher agreements, especially within the music industry
- Activity and event agreements
- Legal position and libel with respect to celebrities
A rapidly growing area is E-sports, where computer games are played professionally and in the same way as in the physical sports world with rankings, events and tournaments, prizes, sponsorships etc.
Development and professionalisation are moving extremely fast, and with them the legal issues to which players, teams, owners and sponsors must respond. DAHL has assisted in several cases within E-sports and offers highly qualified advice on e.g.:
- Sponsorship agreements
- Player contracts
- Business models and ownership of teams
- Distribution of income