Successful project development in the context of major building and construction projects demands expert knowledge. Our experienced lawyers help you to secure clear agreements and uphold a razor sharp focus on all the project’s phases and challenges.
Project development in the real estate sector is a multi-faceted discipline with a comprehensive set of rules and numerous pitfalls that you as project developer need to be aware of.
If you are planning a major renovation of existing buildings, removal of existing properties and replacement with new constructions for residential or commercial leasing, you will need specialist knowledge and experience of this type of assignment. At DAHL we have a team who specialise in project development and who possess extensive experience in assisting both small and large developers with tasks such as planning, local authority applications processing, building projects as well as development and operational optimisation of investment properties.
When you need to advance from idea to successful execution of the finished project, it is essential that you have the legal foundations in place. Our team of specialists have extensive experience, knowledge and understanding of project development and we regularly assist both Danish and international clients. We help you and make sure that potential challenges and risks are appraised and that the project’s forward progress is secured.
Our advice also focuses on preventing potential conflicts and, should these arise, we naturally handle these optimally with respect to the ongoing project. If you need help in connection with the sale of the project, either as a combined sale or the sale of single residences, we also have experienced attorneys who can help prepare the project for sale and advise you in relation to the project sale itself.
Skilled advice throughout all project phases
We offer counselling through all project phases, including from preparation of the organisation and structure of the project to the clarification of various public authority issues and requirements for the execution of the project, including entering into agreements with construction contractors and other partners. After finalisation of the development phase, agreements on sale or leasing need to be entered into. We also assist in this.
Our legal counsel in the area of project development includes the following:
- Review of all property conditions before acquisition of the property
- Preparation of a purchase agreement on acquisition of the property
- General organisation and steering of the development project, including entering into cooperation agreements.
- Preparation of the plan foundation, including preparation of a local plan and any easements etc.
- Transformation of commercial to residential
- Fulfilment of regulatory and statutory requirements and obtaining approvals for the intended use of the property
- Selection of construction contract form, completion of construction contracts and consultant agreements
- Clarification of procurement law issues
- Negotiation and drafting of commercial and residential lease contracts
- Completion of exhaustive sales materials, including purchase agreements, articles of association and house regulations etc. for project sale of residences and building site
- Negotiation and drafting of listing agreements with real estate brokers
- Selection of financing and company form
- Taxation and VAT
- Conflict mediation and dispute resolution
Would you like to hear more?
We will be happy to talk about how best we can help your business to progress in its project development. Contact us for non-binding discussions if you need professional legal advice and a skilled sparring partner who knows the rules of the property sector and, more importantly, project development of real estate.